Thursday, September 12, 2013

all about meme

Thursday, September 12: Discuss ways that blogging or social media has changed you.


I feel like I should have a deep story about a becoming a better person, but really, social media has made me dislike technology, while being addicted to it (I just can't quit you, Facebook, even though I want to!).

But really, it's affected my thinking the most. 

It hasn't made me more analytical or direct in argumentation (see: Mr. B's facebook arguments with law school cohorts at any point in time) - instead the thought of an argument out in a public forum makes me seven kinds of nauseous. 

I've not become more interested in people's lives. I've always been nosy (in a good way, not pulling a Mrs. Kravitz here) about the five dubs and solo h on people's lives (who! what! why? where! when! how!). Give me a backstory and I'll give you both ears.

It's not kept me up with the news that I avoid so I'm not up at 3am worrying; it's not helped me keep in touch with people, because liking a status doesn't count (self, did you hear that?); it's certainly not helped me grow spiritually, most of the time.

It has, however, taught me to think in meme form.



I've always wanted to use one of her memes.

The Meme has a hold over me. I think they're hilarious. I really laugh out loud almost every time Willy Wonka crosses my screen.

The Double Dubya is brilliant.


The Most Interesting Man In The World Is pretty great, too.

Me.


I love the ecard ones and even maybe possibly bought a good number of items from their product line in the Target dollar section, but only a few dozen dollars worth, so not many.

She had me at Target.

You're stuck with me.
Behold: how my loved ones feel. Also, I ugly laughed at this one.


We're big proponents of modesty here at Story of our Souls.

I shouldn't laugh. But I did. So hard.


Another set I laugh uproariously out loud over are the ones of the one, holy, Catholic, and apostolic variety.

Been saying it for years.


It's true, he does.

Boom. Roasted.


It all makes sense now.

St. Pius X, the original hipster.


I could go on and on, but I'll stop because otherwise, I'd be

Me 2.0


Wise words.

Thank you, facebook and blogging, for introducing Memes to me.

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome!!! I agree on all counts. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I'm totally on board with the memes. Jeff and I spent an hour on Sunday scrolling through someecards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ecards almost always make me laugh...as do your blogs, dear girl!

    ReplyDelete