Thursday, July 25, 2013

and then we stayed outside all day

This is kind of how my day went. I hope for a better post tomorrow!


Dear Future House Guests of Ours,

We're not really a tie-dye kind of family. We prefer our vintage look to go back a few more decades than that. If you're wondering why your towels and sheets are all spotted with a wide array of colors, you can ponder it no longer. Instead thank the owners of the little hands that put a rainbow of waxy colors in our load. Perhaps when you finish thanking them for the pop of color in your linens, you can ask them why they thought such a thing would be helpful to their mother. I'll be too busy mourning the loss of the prettiest tablecloth I've ever owned.

With love.

***

Dear Rainbow of Crayons,

Thank you for making your debut one load after I did our whites. Your splotchity goodness is far less noticeable on navy sheets and brown towels than it is on every white item of clothing we own.

Eternally grateful.

***

Dear Texas Summer,

Thank you for going on your unexpected vacay. Take as long as you need. We'll take care of the place while you're gone.

Enjoying the 80s and rainfall.

We played outside all.day.long. This is what a child should look like in the summer!

1 comment:

  1. I know I shouldn't laugh at this, I'm sorry! Might as well have an adventure and tye-dye the tablecloth! Could be a fun throw for picnics or something?

    ReplyDelete