Friday, October 11, 2013

Seven Stolen Quick Takes

I've stunk at this blogging gig over the last couple of weeks. St. Teresa of Avila once wrote:

“How is it God, that You have given me this hectic busy life when I have so little time to enjoy Your presence? Throughout the day, people are waiting to speak with me, and even at meals, I have to continue talking to people about their needs and problems. During sleep itself I am still thinking and dreaming about the multitude of concerns that surround me. I do all this not for my own sake, but for Yours. I only hope that for You it is truly a sacrifice of love. I know that You are constantly beside me, yet I am usually so  busy that I ignore You. If you want me to remain so busy, please force me to think about and love You even in the midst of such hectic activity. If You do not want me so busy, please release me from it, showing other how they can take over my responsibilities.” 

I feel like that's my life right now (minus the whole being a saint because, try as I may, fail as I may just as much), and if I don't have time for sharing a cuppa with The Creator of the Universe, I sure don't have time for blogging.


Since I don't want to bungee off the blogosphere cliff too terribly far, I thought I'd do the quickest Quick Takes ever - meaning, someone else did all the work and I pulled a break and entry and stole their work.

1. Adorable, creative, cultural. Keep naming things I am not. But bookmarking for a future homeschool project because if there's anything I can do, it's steal other peoples' educational ideas. 

*

2. Let's ruffle some feathers here:

Thoughts? I think we all know where I stand. In the kitchen. Barefoot. Wishing I were pregnant.

*

3. The case against Johnny Football and the claim that, "he's just a kid." Wreck 'em. 

*

4. Sob. Sniffle. Hug kids. A beautiful reminder during a trying time for my comforts that are being chipped away by solo parenting.

*

5. For those that don't know (read: all), I'm a history addict. Fascinating. True? No idea, but I think it's neat and plan to research it more.

*

6. Love. I hope to one day be as hospitable as some I know. For now, I still inch stray laundry and toys out of sight with my toe and feebly apologize that we're still waiting on the rice to cook and offer stale chips with no salsa. Just ask anyone who's been to my inhospitable abode.

*

7. Wreck 'em. I was out of links, so this will do.

*

8. I remembered what I was going to put for the last quick take, but I love The King, so I'm just adding another. My current history research project is about the Hatfields and McCoys because I'm a year late to the game and just discovered the show. Not the most moral of shows, so I didn't finish it, but the real stories fascinate me. Any good, unbias websites about them?


2 comments:

  1. #4 got me. We all need a reminder to love fiercely and selflessly. Thanks for posting this. And--you are an amazing woman, doing much more than most of us would in your situation...and commenting on it all with humor. You make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes... Sob, sniffle and hug on #4 indeed! I also love #6. I agree with most of #3 but have seen far too much evidence that leads me to believe brain research is true. That stuff is so interesting to me!

    ReplyDelete