Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Daybook for 01-16-13


Outside my window...

It's COLD. Really cold. I aspire to go outside more with the kiddos so we can all get a good dose of vitamin D but then I think about how cold and painful it would be and I hole up a little bit longer! 

I am thankful for...

My sweet husband. For some reason, the transition from Christmas break to going back to work and school has been a bit hard for me. I think coming off of having him around, sans work or assignments, spoiled me. I got a little bit down and just can't seem to catch up with all the chores and homeschooling that needs to be done. Nothing is far behind, it's just always there and never quite done. He sent me the sweetest card (through the mail!) that thanked me for all the hard work I do for our family. That man.


I am thinking about...

Dinner. I'm trying a new recipe! Homeschooling: we need to do it today.


In the Schoolroom...

Just trying to get on a schedule.

From the kitchen...

Making a smothered honey mustard chicken tonight. We have a bag of potatoes that need using, so probably either baked potatoes or scalloped with a side of broccoli. 


I am creating...

Not a lot. Trying to establish peace in our routine, home, prayer life!

I am working on...

coming up with inside, active activities for the kiddos. I move the coffee table every day now so they can tumble and dance. Any other suggestions?

Clicking Around...

Only this sticks out in my memory:
http://catholicmom.com/2012/07/09/gods-plans-for-your-child-can-be-revealed-through-their-talents/

I am reading...

Just started A Tale of Two Cities to read as my "enrichment" novel. I've made a personal goal of reading or re-reading the classics throughout the year, not just fiction novels that are easy to ready, enjoyable, often enriching, but often not, too. :)

I am praying for...

A sweet friend on the anniversary of the loss of her mama; another friend about to give birth with some impending complications; another dear friend who's sick, with kids, and without husband; some special intentions. Most especially, for employment for my husband!

I am hearing...

Little giggles coming from the kitchen where a rousing round of Ring Around The Rosy is going on.

Around the house...

Not messy, not immaculate. Trying to slowly do one last (or second to last!) purge before we start slowly boxing things up to move in the coming year. Why am I even thinking of packing? I'm not yet, but I do want to get rid of things that we just never use and I don't want to pay to move.

One of my favorite things...

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/01/chicken-tortilla-soup/

Seriously, I could eat that soup every single day and be happy. I garnish with tons of cilantro, lime juice, and tortilla strips. So, so good.

A few plans for the rest of the week...

I can't even think past naptime right now!

A picture thought...


My sweet, wacky girl. This is what she says her prayer face looks like. This picture is so precious to me because it sums up who this little girl is at three years: messy haired, food-on-shirt, girly-but-also-tomboyish, sweet, precious little Elisabeth. 


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I love this picture! I need you to show up on my blogger reader thing so that I don't miss your posts. You are such a good writer - you do a great job at giving us a glimpse into your home. (And since I'm not on facebook, I miss seeing the kids! I never realized how much I rely on it to stay current!)

    ReplyDelete