Tuesday, March 11, 2014

status quo

I'm on day two (updated: day seven) of a Facebook fast and I'm enjoying it, except that I have these thoughts that I feel need to be documented somewhere. I don't even think I'd put them on Facebook, as I use the mantra when posting:

Is this prideful? Yes. Don't post. No? Proceed to:
Is this true, kind, or necessary? Yes. Post. No? Don't post.
But is it hilarious and worth the damage to my soul because of pride? Ehh.......jury...is...debating....

But I don't want to forget these little moments. So, here are my status updates from this morning (updated: a morning a week ago):

What do you get when blankets have been in storage for six months, a dryer just won't completely dry them, and only once place in this rainy week to dry them?

The poster-mother for ingenious mothering, even if it was accidental. Whatev.

A tent that keeps the attention of two little girls for hours on end. Also, heaven.  (Thanks, Rachel, for the flowers! They are still good beautifying our home, ten days later!)


***

I tried to style my bookshelf this time around, instead of clogging it so full of books that they're spilling over.

A la:



Result:

I'm gonna need a bigger shelf. Or a few dozen more, as I have a few plastic tubs full of books that didn't make the stylish cut. Also, I want to paint this.

***
I think audiobooks are the bee's knees and I want to start building a collection instead of feverishly checking them out of the library every week like a crazed homeschooling mother (minus the denim jumper because never). 


***

I'll end there because this post has already taken a week to write and it was three thoughts. I do have deeper ones, but they run only as deep as my bathtub drain, and how it's clogged and how I don't want to stick my finger down there to clean it. 

1 comment:

  1. So glad to see your post! Ingenuity on your blankets! What is it about tents kids like? glad it worked.
    Bookshelves look the best with books on 'em! I've tried the stylin' bookcases, but that leaves less room for the more important things...plus you have to DUST knick knacks.
    Have I given you the name Charles Martin for a really good Christian author? And Michael Phillips is pretty good, too. He co-writes with some others as well.

    Enjoy Lent! More posts!

    ReplyDelete