Friday, October 3, 2014

31 days of creating a {real} domestic church: new life

I'm going to be honest here, today was hectic and crazy and I don't know how mothers of brick-and-mortar kids do it. We had co-op at 8:30 and you'd think they asked me to pilot a ship to the moon with how unrealistic it feels to get out of the house in an organized manner at that hour.

But we made it, we survived, and even made it to Holy Mass afterwards for First Friday. Two First Fridays in a row. Color me a saint.

Enough, though. I'm doing thirty-one days of how we try to create a domestic church in our home. And that's exciting and all, but this is more exciting so I'm going with this instead.


This is my newest nephew, Juan Luis. 

This little fella makes sixteen nieces and nephews for us, a number which includes our sweet little nephew due later this month. We are blessed.

Want to know what I think the secret to a thriving domestic church? Little ones. Lots of little ones. Since we only have two precious little girls and only hope for more, I fully recognize that not everyone is blessed with a passel of children. Welcome little ones into your home! Nieces, nephews, godchildren, children of friends and family! Welcome them, welcome them! They will make a mess and be noisy and crazy but it will be wonderful, exhausting, and fantastic.

Matthew 19:14 it up in your home. If Heaven belongs to these new little souls, let your home belong to them, too. 

3 comments:

  1. Hey, only three more first Fridays to go to live up to Our Lady's request! It shouldn't be so hard, but with kids and everything, I know it is. I'm impressed!

    I'm looking forward to reading this series of yours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new nephew, Juan Luis! Very cute! Praise the Lord for new life....

    ReplyDelete